Fossilized creature or case of Pareidolia?

Dubs

6 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

There really is no resemblance beside a very vague outline . 
None of the details match. 

IMG_8426.thumb.jpg.7efdd5eb4f3eec2d50a22fb53c183317.jpg

Now that's impressive work, Tim.  Thank you!

12 minutes ago, Dubs said:

It's so difficult for me to believe this is a naturally forming head.  But again, I'm open to me just seeing things.

Difficult or not--you need to believe that Mother Nature likes to create both vague patterns AND the brains with the capacity to see her handiwork. ;)

Not a fossil gator skull and not an artifact that someone from the gator clan has carved upon this rock. It is a naturally formed rock with some interesting textures. If you lie on your back and stare up into the clouds you will soon see all sorts of fantastic shapes and forms. If you keep staring into this rock you will continue to see more things that are not actually there. Your pareidolia and pattern matching skills are on overdrive--use them to go out and spot some nice Native American artifact where you hunt and show us your finds in the artifacts section of this forum.

In terms of fossil ID, I think this topic has run its course and there is nothing more to be said nor learned about this unusual (but non-fossil/non-artifact) rock. This topic will now be locked to stem any additional repetitive comments.

Cheers.

-Ken

• I found this Informative 6
  • Thank You 1

• digit locked this topic