Rob starts oraganizing his mess, ahem, I mean fossil treasures!

Rob in Idaho

As I am very new here, I figure the best place to really start to introduce myself and my fossils (and related ephemera) would be to start a collection thread. I have picked up fossils off the ground since child hood. Sadly many of my early Brachiopods, Crinoid pieces, etc.  and some Pleistocene bones? (Never knew for sure which exact time frame or animal, but definitely not mammoth, dad thought they were bison when they popped up while digging our farm pond) and such did not survive my fathers move from one home to another while I was in the Marine Corps. However since then I have picked up a few things :Wink1:, mostly from the ground, a little in trade, the occasional museum gift shop and maybe a few treasures off that online place in more recent times. I'm not particular about what I find in or on the ground, I love all my fossils from the wild, however when I buy fossils, they tend to be aquatic in nature. I have a growing fondness for fish fossils and shark teeth. I have quite a variety which will get posted here as I finally start the organization of it all. (Thank the Wuhan Covid-19 flu quarantine craze that is sweeping the world).  The bulk of my finds are bugs and plants from Meeker, Colorado. I have two trunks of shale to sift through still and you all will get a front row seat as I do it! You will also see some other stuff, so don't wander far if your not a bug and leaf kind of person.  And just to whet the appetite, here are some over all pics of what I have just started doing in my display area. 

Semper Fi, Rob

Display1 .JPG

Display2 .JPG

Display3.JPG

Display4.JPG

• I found this Informative 1

Now, so I don't leave you all completely hanging about what I have on the shelves, here is my small collection of Otodus Obliquus fossil teeth from Khouribga, Morocco. I got these in a grab bag from Dinosaur World in Texas a few years ago. Had them in a small jewelry box until the other day when I finally put them in the riker case. Today, I cut the felt back ground and added the information pic and a picture of a reconstructed jaw to give the display some depth. This is step one on a long road to go to organize and ID my collection.

Semper Fi, Rob 

Otodus display 1.JPG

Otodus display 2.JPG

• I found this Informative 1

Nice.

And goodness gracious, I used to have one of those Tar Pit dioramas. 

Hmmm, wonder what happened to that. 

First time I've thought about it in 40 years! 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png