Id fossil please

Jman

Where was it found? You tagged it Minnesota, but do you have more specific info? Like a land site, river? The coloration looks modern to me in any event.

The previous comment is important. We don't ask for a location so we can stick a pin on a map. If you want an accurate ID it helps to know the age. Most people don't know the age of the formations they collect in so we use geological maps to help. They tell us the name of the formation and that tells the age. We also need to know whether a specimen is found in the bedrock, in mixed overburden above the solid layer or in material that has washed down a stream. At any particular site those three sources can represent three vastly different ages. If you can find a geological map online that will help you in your collecting experience, if not please ask for help or give a more precise location like the direction and distance from a town or landmark so we can find it on a map.

Relatively small posterior tooth like an m3 , unerupted very possibly modern tooth.  A young grazing animal, but not one I am aware of --- think deer, antelope, something along those lines. need multiple photos both sides and chewing surface.

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

5 hours ago, Shellseeker said:

Relatively small posterior tooth like an m3 , unerupted very possibly modern tooth.  A young grazing animal, but not one I am aware of --- think deer, antelope, something along those lines. need multiple photos both sides and chewing surface.

Agree. In my view Bovidae (probably antelope) molar tooth.