Rare spikes from Morocco (Atlas) Stegosauridae?

Dinocollector

Hello!

I see these spikes from Atlas mountains.

I read about stegosaurus (Adratiklit boulahfa) in this formation.

Could be a stegosaurus thagomizer?

Thank you so much!

B6F85978-6B31-49AD-9F32-3B93FAD9553A.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1

Yes very cool and a Stego spike was the first thing I thought of when I initially saw one for sale at the Tucson show back in Feb.   This British dealer shared with me what he knew about them which is very little and indicated several specimens are currently in the hands of a museum in the UK to be studied.   He showed me a photo of a specimen that had 3 spikes in a row much longer than the one in your photo that would rule out thagomizer but not rule out a Thyreophoran type dinosaur.  It might not be dinosaurian.   We are going to have to wait to see if anything gets published or leaked on this one.   

35 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Yes very cool and a Stego spike was the first thing I thought of when I initially saw one for sale at the Tucson show back in Feb.   This British dealer shared with me what he knew about them which is very little and indicated several specimens are currently in the hands of a museum in the UK to be studied.   He showed me a photo of a specimen that had 3 spikes in a row much longer than the one in your photo that would rule out thagomizer but not rule out a Thyreophoran type dinosaur.  It might not be dinosaurian.   We are going to have to wait to see if anything gets published or leaked on this one.   

Hi! Well I tried to find information about these but I only find some bones published about Adratiklit boulahfa.

So I do not know if these are real spikes or conposite bones...

But Yes they are very very cool and rare.

I think in Atlas there are a lot of unknow and rare fossils.

Thank you so much!

• I found this Informative 1