Found this need help please

guerormd

Found this in my neighborhood, I live in Dallas Texas USA. As far as geological history when I research the area it mentions most fossils found in Dallas Texas from the cretaceous period. It is small and looks like a piece of something but have no idea so now I’m here... any information would be helpful thanks. Length wise it’s 7.5 cm, width is 5.5 cm, and height is about 3 cm and the other is slanted so thing less than half of one cm.

4DA0A462-316A-4432-811C-27F0BDB4D166.png

DF38ABE2-4963-4B17-94FD-99A43790F03E.jpeg

FE33119D-896E-4D33-A062-645F6CADE534.jpeg

Welcome to the forum! You're right, most fossil-bearing formations in Dallas are Cretaceous in age. This looks like it could be a conglomeration of some shells. However, it doesn't look like anything identifiable. It also looks different from fossils I usually find, which are from the Austin chalk - so the rocks the fossils are embedded in are white. Did you find it in a creek? It could also be something non-local. 

• I found this Informative 1

"Argumentation cannot suffice for the discovery of new work, since the subtlety of Nature is greater many times than the subtlety of argument." - Carl Sagan

"I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there." - Richard Feynman

Collections: Hell Creek Microsite | Hell Creek/Lance | Dinosaurs | Sharks | SquamatesPost Oak Creek | North Sulphur RiverLee Creek | Aguja | Permian | Devonian | Triassic | Harding Sandstone

Instagram: @thephysicist_tff

Id have to agree, I see a piece of limestone with fossil fragments in it.  With closer pictures it may be possible to say some fragments are bivalve or coral or bryozoan or something, but that may be about as good as it gets.

• I found this Informative 1