What kind of tooth is this?

Steve2dm

Found this at low tide at North Topsail Beach, NC, USA and am wondering the source. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

7AF05120-FB4C-4BD9-AF3C-96217976E610.jpeg

Looks like it could have been a meg or great white shark tooth at one point. Extremely worn. 

I concur. It could be either really. It's hard to tell which without the bourlette, roots, or serrations, characteristics which are missing here.

3 hours ago, Steve2dm said:

Found this at low tide at North Topsail Beach, NC, USA and am wondering the source. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Just based on size and thickness,  What large teeth are found at Topsoil beach, NC ???

https://www.century21topsail.com/post/hunting-for-shark-teeth-and-other-beach-treasures-on-topsail-island/

Looks like Great Whites, Makos, Megalodon family (Megs, Chubs, Rics, Angys) are the sharks that could create your fossil.

Impossible to determine which one.  Go back and find more, not so worn. 

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Thanks, everyone! I had my suspicions, but am glad you all responded back. We found over 250 shark teeth (from a variety of species it looks like) within a 3-day time-frame in North Carolina. It was fantastic. Can't wait to go find more!