Mammals (rodents, insectivores, marsupials and carnivores) from the Eocene/Oligocene M&M Ranch in Nebraska

MarcoSr

Below is a link to a free download of

PALUDICOLA SCIENTIFIC CONTRIBUTIONS of the ROCHESTER INSTITUTE OF VERTEBRATE PALEONTOLOGY Special Issue VOLUME 13 NUMBER 4 1 MAY 2022

"Fossil mammals from ant mounds situated on exposures of the Big Cottonwood Creek Member of the Chadron Formation (latest Eocene-early Oligocene), Sioux County, Nebraska  - William W. Korth, Clint A. Boyd, Jeff J. Person, and Deborah K. Anderson"

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/361037651_Fossil_mammals_from_ant_mounds_situated_on_exposures_of_the_Big_Cottonwood_Creek_Member_of_the_Chadron_Formation_latest_Eocene-early_Oligocene_Sioux_County_Nebraska

Marco Sr.

• I found this Informative 3
Randyw

Cool! Thanks for the link!

• 3 weeks later...
MarcoSr

The mammal specimens in this thread were just written about in National Geographic.  My sons and I were mentioned as well as TFF.  See the below link:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/fossil-finding-ants-amass-huge-haul-of-ancient-creatures?fbclid=IwAR2A8iCGSmkk0T1-MFDkOjudsvDEtNdprn_JnO8nsxS33YSQiCW6v1nOKHM

Marco Sr.

• I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 3

Wow! Congratulations!

• Thank You 1

Kudos! Marco!

• Thank You 1
ThePhysicist

Congrats!

For those who don't have a subscription to NG (or don't care to enter their email), I found that quickly Ctrl+P'ing the page will allow you to make a readable PDF of the article.

• I found this Informative 2
FossilDAWG

Nice writeup.  Thanks @MarcoSrfor all your contributions to this interesting work.

Don

• Thank You 1
doushantuo

THX for the thread,Marco.

As  someone once said: "Reasons to be Cheerful"

• Thank You 1

All your efforts are reaping continued dividends.

:thumbsu:

Cheers.

-Ken

• Thank You 1

That is awesome, Marco! It must be cool knowing that there is an article about it! Thank you for sharing the article with us! :)

-Micah

• Thank You 1