I received the final piece needed for my Megalodon evolutionary set today! The hardest tooth to obtain by far was the Carcharocles mugodzharicus, and I would like to thank @MarcoSr for his help with that search as well as the generosity with which he shared knowledge about it.

I'll mention that I acknowledge the various debates around species naming and went with the ones I believed to be the best fit. I kindly request that we not get into it on this thread.

989.jpg

• I found this Informative 14

I've been wanting to make something like this too, and for the great white lineage as well. Very cool display!:meg:

• I found this Informative 1

"Argumentation cannot suffice for the discovery of new work, since the subtlety of Nature is greater many times than the subtlety of argument." - Carl Sagan

"I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there." - Richard Feynman

Collections: Hell Creek Microsite | Hell Creek/Lance | Dinosaurs | Sharks | SquamatesPost Oak Creek | North Sulphur RiverLee Creek | Aguja | Permian | Devonian | Triassic | Harding Sandstone

Instagram: @thephysicist_tff

26 minutes ago, ThePhysicist said:

I've been wanting to make something like this too, and for the great white lineage as well. Very cool display!:meg:

Thank you! Great White lineage would be really cool too :D

2 hours ago, JamieLynn said:

oh that is so cool how you can see the little side "spikes" (not sure of the proper name) disappear over the course of the evolution! 

I thought that was neat as well! I'm not a shark tooth guy either, but I think those side "spikes" are called cusplets. Someone may come by and tell me I'm wrong though. It's been known to happen. Lol 

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

2 hours ago, JamieLynn said:

oh that is so cool how you can see the little side "spikes" (not sure of the proper name)

14 minutes ago, FossilNerd said:

those side "spikes" are called cusplets

Yes, they can be called "cusplets" or "side cusps."

• I found this Informative 3

"Argumentation cannot suffice for the discovery of new work, since the subtlety of Nature is greater many times than the subtlety of argument." - Carl Sagan

"I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there." - Richard Feynman

Collections: Hell Creek Microsite | Hell Creek/Lance | Dinosaurs | Sharks | SquamatesPost Oak Creek | North Sulphur RiverLee Creek | Aguja | Permian | Devonian | Triassic | Harding Sandstone

Instagram: @thephysicist_tff

20 minutes ago, Praefectus said:

Great evolutionary set! They display really nicely together. 

2 minutes ago, MarcoSr said:

Nice display.  Not many collectors at all have one like yours.

Marco Sr.

Thank you both kindly :)

Nice!!! I’m trying to do that too(for right now just meg, angy, auriculatus, Chubutensis, otodus, and appendiculata, but hopefully in the future I can get the sub species!) all I’ve got left is Auriculatus.

That Omugodzharicus is incredible!!!:envy:

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

38 minutes ago, Familyroadtrip said:

Nice!!! I’m trying to do that too(for right now just meg, angy, auriculatus, Chubutensis, otodus, and appendiculata, but hopefully in the future I can get the sub species!) all I’ve got left is Auriculatus.

Almost there, post that set when you have it! I would still want an Aksuaticus, but it'll wait until I find one at a bargain because that Mugodzharicus dented my wallet something hard :heartylaugh:

26 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

That Omugodzharicus is incredible!!!:envy:

Thank you kindly :D

Very nice display, don’t see a lot of rics or angys from Florida either :thumbsu:

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

1 hour ago, jcbshark said:

Very nice display, don’t see a lot of rics or angys from Florida either :thumbsu:

Thank you, I was happy to find these given the gorgeous dark orange coloration!