Lizard in copal?

DawnOfADream

@jdp @DawnOfADream I’m sorry. I didn’t mean that there is no value to the piece. And im sorry if I gave that impression. As I said for me in my case I don’t like copal. But there is scientific value to the piece and scientists are using it for continuing studies of how organisms evolve over time and there are some people that collect copal simply because you can get really impressive specimens for relatively cheap prices. You will want to keep it out of direct sunlight and keep an eye on it as copal tends to crack and fracture as it ages. I was trying to stress the Amount of copal being passed off and sold as amber (at amber prices) and The differences in value between amber and copal and may have stressed it too strenuously. If you think you payed a reasonable price and you’re happy with the piece and the transaction then enjoy it for what it is! :thumbsu:

• I found this Informative 1

No need to apologise at all, @Randyw! I didn’t get that impression and was happy to hear your thoughts on the matter. Thanks for the tips, I’ll be sure to keep it hidden away from sunlight. And if/when I get around to taking some better photos of the piece, you’ll be the first to know!