la peña fossil

any body know how to identify Dino saw teeth, I found some stones that are really hard and unusual colour and shape, are found where found alongside flint in a field in the UK, Oxfordshire. 

any insight would be appreciated 

arron

1 hour ago, la peña fossil said:

how to identify Dino saw teeth

Read corresponding literature and look for pics. Find out the geologic setting of the area, what species are associated with it, then google for their teeth.

Teeth typically have an enamel covering over the crown and theropod ones can be serrated.   Keep looking but the suggestion to do a search on them is a good one to see what they look like.

thanks, been reading loads but good to get told. alot of Dino teeth just look like rocks to be fair. what does the enamal look like on a tooth? 

1 hour ago, la peña fossil said:

thanks, been reading loads but good to get told. alot of Dino teeth just look like rocks to be fair. what does the enamal look like on a tooth? 

I would echo what others have said and that these are rocks.

As for your question about dinosaur teeth, they vary significantly. Here is a Neovenator (theropod) tooth and an iguanodontid (herbivore) tooth from my collection. Notice the serrations on the theropod tooth designed for tearing flesh off their prey.  

48ADFF16-FC8D-4EC7-824A-4E72F1E7FA3B.jpeg

CA108B8C-03B2-4A1C-B729-B6D4CA8DA3BF.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1

3 hours ago, la peña fossil said:

any body know how to identify Dino saw teeth, I found some stones that are really hard and unusual colour and shape, are found where found alongside flint in a field in the UK, Oxfordshire. 

any insight would be appreciated 

arron

Those in your pics aren't dinosaur teeth. Regarding dinosaur teeth, I always find this explanation from Paleontologist Dr. Matthew Carrano quite informative. Have a watch

• I found this Informative 1

5d738606eab6e_2018-11-1322_54_57-Greenshot-newlogo.png

Fields in the uk probably aren’t the best place to be fossil hunting. You’re more likely to find things on beaches, quarries and rivers (where access is permitted of course)

Try google search terms like “fossil hunting in Oxfordshire” for example to see if there’s anywhere productive near to you

Agree, rocks. Unfortunately I do not know of any quarries open to the public in Oxfordshire that produce dinosaur fossils. There are a few locations in Cambridgeshire which produce Jurassic specimens like marine reptile bones and ammonites which you can see on the Ukfossils website. Your best bet for dinosaur remains are the Isle of Wight and Sussex area but these are still quite rare.