Help identifying North Yorkshire (UK) Jurassic Coast Fossils/Rocks

NighteyesWolf

Hi everyone, hopefully someone may be able to help.

We went to Runswick Bay in North Yorkshire, UK today (my personal favourite place to look for Fossils!). I'm a VERY casual collector and an absolute amateur at it to boot. Our dog is also blind so half the time I'm making sure he's walking okay and he isn't falling over things so I don't get to properly roam like I used to. 

Anyway, amongst picking up an almost complete Belemite, a Belemite fragment and some Ammonite fragments and prints, I also picked up 5 rocks that I've no idea what they are but thought they were curious. One of them I'm almost certain is a fossil, it's the grey one that has a little peak top that's almost gold (which doesn't show well in the photo but in the right light, it has a gold shine to) but I don't know what it's a fossil of. I'm assuming some sort of crustacean. It's a shame I can't prep it as I'm sure it would reveal something or other. That said, it's also possible it's just a fancy piece of rock. 

The other 4, I've no idea what they are.  I've most likely just got a pile of 4/5 interesting looking rocks which, if they are, is still cool. I tend to use them to decorate the edge of my patio pond (the fossils that aren't that perfect or ones I've brought home and then on closer inspection, realised its just a rock, ha!) 

I read the rules on taking photos of the fossils and have taken an awful lot of each of the 5, so here's a link to my Google Album with them all in. I've made the album so people should be able to view the photos. Tried taking from various angles etc. As there's a lot of each one, I don't suppose I'll get many/any replies but I figured this would be the best place where I MIGHT find someone who can tell me for sure if I have anything interesting or just some neat looking rocks. 

There's also one of our dog in there for cuteness. As we were walking back from the fossil area we tend to sit around and root for fossils, he went into cracker dog and had just dug some holes in the sand!! 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dXLFRusYfRdwACco9

The round grey nodule on the left appears to contain the phragmocone of a belemnite. 
Top right may contain fossilised wood, but I think the rest may just be ironstone concretions; those rocks at the end of Runswick Bay contain lots of deceptive shapes

D93C4A21-C047-4910-9E1A-D1E3CD082DD5.jpeg

2 hours ago, dhiggi said:

The round grey nodule on the left appears to contain the phragmocone of a belemnite. 
Top right may contain fossilised wood, but I think the rest may just be ironstone concretions; those rocks at the end of Runswick Bay contain lots of deceptive shapes

D93C4A21-C047-4910-9E1A-D1E3CD082DD5.jpeg

Thanks so much for your insight, interesting on the possibility of another Belemnite fragment <3

Yeah, I'm suspecting the others may just be neat rocks. I love Runswick as it's quieter than most places BUT had a lot of deceiving looking rocks!! 

These might help show what you have, the nodule appears to contain the same as the larger section of the specimen shown here.

Runswick is one of our favourites, though usually as a start point for longer walks

1C0CFDCD-5DBA-402E-A3D7-0141DFE2AFE9.png

4FA26682-CB31-418F-A90A-63ADA9ACA62B.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1

7 minutes ago, dhiggi said:

These might help show what you have, the nodule appears to contain the same as the larger section of the specimen shown here.

Runswick is one of our favourites, though usually as a start point for longer walks

1C0CFDCD-5DBA-402E-A3D7-0141DFE2AFE9.png

4FA26682-CB31-418F-A90A-63ADA9ACA62B.jpeg

Ooh thank you, that's really interesting! 

Yes, we would normally walk from Runswick to Kettleness... Unfortunately the dog can't scramble over rocks anymore. It was an effort to get him past the last sandy point of Runswick, even on minor rocks he was so wobbly and unsure of himself so we decided we would stop where we were and stay at Runswick. He put his brakes on after we'd had our sandwiches and decided to walk back so OH had to carry him until we got back to sand, bless him! 

7 minutes ago, NighteyesWolf said:

Ooh thank you, that's really interesting! 

Yes, we would normally walk from Runswick to Kettleness... Unfortunately the dog can't scramble over rocks anymore. It was an effort to get him past the last sandy point of Runswick, even on minor rocks he was so wobbly and unsure of himself so we decided we would stop where we were and stay at Runswick. He put his brakes on after we'd had our sandwiches and decided to walk back so OH had to carry him until we got back to sand, bless him! 

the love of a dog is better than finding any fossil

10 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

I'm also seeing a lot of rocks, ironstone concretions and possibly parts of septarians.

Thank you so much, that's really helpful. My OH has been studying for a masters the last 2 years so it's the first time we've been to Runswick since 2018. When we got there and I started looking, I realised how unbelievably rusty I was!! 

10 hours ago, butchndad said:

the love of a dog is better than finding any fossil

Yeah definitely. Part of the trip was so I could look for fossils but also for Jasper the dog. It's been 2 years since he was last at the beach and it was lovely seeing him so excited and digging many a hole in the sands. It was a shame he couldn't get to Kettleness but we agreed the trip was partly his treat so we had to change what we'd planned. He's a nervous doggo anyway but since he's gone blind he's very unsure of himself now poor little guy.