Madagascar Eusauropoda ?

FF7_Yuffie

One of a couple of teeth I'm interested in--figure it's time to add some more exotic teeth to my collection.

This caught my eye, Eusauropoda tooth from Madagascar. 0.56 inches, from the Isalo Formation, Majunga, Madagascar.

If it's as described, that would be great. Thanks very much.

Edit: meant to post in id. Not is it real

1.jpg

2.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

If it were me labeling it, I would call it Eusauropoda indet. Too little known about teeth from the area. I think this type of tooth is typically informally referred to as “Bothriospondylus”. 

18 minutes ago, Runner64 said:

If it were me labeling it, I would call it Eusauropoda indet. Too little known about teeth from the area. I think this type of tooth is typically informally referred to as “Bothriospondylus”. 

Cheers. Eusauropoda indet is what the seller describes it as. Just wanted to check it was sauropod and not something else. 

The tooth seems small to be from such a big animal though, would it be from a juvenile, or are these madagascan sauropod teeth usually pretty small anyway?

Thanks for the help

• I found this Informative 1

4 minutes ago, FF7_Yuffie said:

Cheers. Eusauropoda indet is what the seller describes it as. Just wanted to check it was sauropod and not something else. 

That's good enough for me, cheers. 

There’s a good paper on sauropods from the Jurassic of Madagascar but I can’t seem to fond it at the moment. Definitely worth a read if you’re getting this tooth. 

@Troodon do you happen to have it by chance?

• I found this Informative 1

6 hours ago, Runner64 said:

There’s a good paper on sauropods from the Jurassic of Madagascar but I can’t seem to fond it at the moment. Definitely worth a read if you’re getting this tooth. 

@Troodon do you happen to have it by chance?

Here is the paper. 

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/spp2.1282