pachy-pleuro-whatnot-odon

I think better images will be needed for people to be able to identify this. It's very possible this could be a claw, either turtle or crocodile, but I know neither location (and thus fauna) nor can make out the necessary details to tell whether this is a claw or not. What I think you'd be looking for concerning getting an identification - or at least confirmation that this is a claw - would be a photograph of the proximal epiphysis, head on (i.e. the articulation surface where it would have attached to the finger bone), a better image of the ventral side, and then photographs from the lateral sides. Claws typically have lateral groves (and I think may be ventral in some species), and the bone texture should be visible on the articulation surface...

1 hour ago, pachy-pleuro-whatnot-odon said:

I think better images will be needed for people to be able to identify this. It's very possible this could be a claw, either turtle or crocodile, but I know neither location (and thus fauna) nor can make out the necessary details to tell whether this is a claw or not. What I think you'd be looking for concerning getting an identification - or at least confirmation that this is a claw - would be a photograph of the proximal epiphysis, head on (i.e. the articulation surface where it would have attached to the finger bone), a better image of the ventral side, and then photographs from the lateral sides. Claws typically have lateral groves (and I think may be ventral in some species), and the bone texture should be visible on the articulation surface...

The area is known for turtles and crocodile. From a distance I thought fish tooth, but looking closer it has grooves. It is 9mm and very worn, hard for good pictures.

851A6199-87AA-4B9B-B001-FAE1DF1708E9.jpeg

EB99CA34-B97F-451C-B906-AF36B5FD643E.jpeg

328D7689-38CF-4464-8BAD-952EECD72025.jpeg

8A72A8E5-16A4-4A67-823B-8DDF1F382E6F.jpeg

4640469C-F534-4077-AF88-195A09E1378B.jpeg

pachy-pleuro-whatnot-odon

I'd say it's a good candidate and certainly not a tooth. But as this is far from my speciality, I'm afraid I can't help you much further than that...