Real Stegodon tooth?

Hi.  seller claim this tooth to be Stegodon tooth from Khorat formation,Thailand, legally collected prior to the current law of regulation .

Does it look real to you guy ? 

thank you.

Gun

Legal collection and legal export are different concerns. It may have been legally collected. I would advise you obtain proof of that. Does Thailand allow the export of its fossils? Do they differentiate between exporting fossils found in the nation before or after the law came into force? There are nations that allow the collection of fossils and prohibit their export. I'm not sure if Thailand is one of those, but it's worth checking.

6 hours ago, BellamyBlake said:

Legal collection and legal export are different concerns. It may have been legally collected. I would advise you obtain proof of that. Does Thailand allow the export of its fossils? Do they differentiate between exporting fossils found in the nation before or after the law came into force? There are nations that allow the collection of fossils and prohibit their export. I'm not sure if Thailand is one of those, but it's worth checking.

Good call, seller has permition document&ownership sheet of this specimen which seem legit to be official document that i am very familiar with as i am also live in thailand but i will make a few call to government agency to confirm this document before try to buy this as i only buy legal and permitted specimen.

thank you sir! 

• I found this Informative 1

24 minutes ago, Guns said:

Good call, seller has permition document&ownership sheet of this specimen which seem legit to be official document that i am very familiar with as i am also live in thailand but i will make a few call to government agency to confirm this document before try to buy this as i only buy legal and permitted specimen.

thank you sir! 

I know how complicated it can be haha. Good luck!

• I found this Informative 1