Shark Teeth ID

BellamyBlake

Friend of mine gifted me some shark teeth. He's not a fossil hunter, nor that much into fossils; they were given to him. I know they're from the United States, but beyond that I don't have a locality.

This one is 3/4". My first instinct here is to say Lemon, but the base of the blade along the root is serrated. Bronze Whaler?

20200910_134521.thumb.jpg.94c69a802aeff23bb525a49cd9b2f181.jpg

Three looks like a juvenile posterior megalodon, angustidens, or Chubutensis... the first picture looks like a lemon, other two look like dusky shark teeth.

• I found this Informative 1

2 hours ago, Familyroadtrip said:

Three looks like a juvenile posterior megalodon, angustidens, or Chubutensis... the first picture looks like a lemon, other two look like dusky shark teeth.

Thank you, Megalodon or ancestor didn't occur to me for 3 haha. It appears to have cusps, and pretty prominent ones. Maybe Angustidens.

8 minutes ago, BellamyBlake said:

Thank you, Megalodon or ancestor didn't occur to me for 3 haha. It appears to have cusps, and pretty prominent ones. Maybe Angustidens.

To me they don’t quite look prominent enough to be angustidens, here’s an angy that looks to be similar size to the one in the picture(sorry for the bad picture, it’s in a case and I like the setup, lol)

A2FC50BB-F4F4-4D52-92E3-EB7E8B726FE1.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1

4 hours ago, Familyroadtrip said:

To me they don’t quite look prominent enough to be angustidens, here’s an angy that looks to be similar size to the one in the picture(sorry for the bad picture, it’s in a case and I like the setup, lol)

A2FC50BB-F4F4-4D52-92E3-EB7E8B726FE1.jpeg

Hmm maybe not yeah. I'll stick with a juvenile Chub maybe