Amelia Island, FL Vertebra

DC-FL-DC

Anyone provide help with an ID on this vertebra? Try as I might, as a serious amateur I've hit the limits of my abilities and could use the collective wisdom.

Assumption is that this is a vertebra. Found on the beach on Amelia Island, Florida. I find fossils there routinely and live there part of the year. I find this Forum invaluable to gain knowledge.

IMG_2327.jpg

IMG_2326.jpg

It is likely too far a reach.  Here is a small vert.  I put it up for Identification 2-3 back... Never did get it identified.

IMG_3607.thumb.jpg.d1993c237d3eea019b3663f42c76ea9a.jpgIMG_3608.jpg.4746307ad2730f87b75f378d89da4314.jpg

One of the things you eventually will understand is what fossils surpass the limits of anyone's to identify. This one might be geological like a mud concretion that hardened, or a rock or possibly 5% a fossil that has been broken, tumbled, worn beyond recognition.

These come into my sieve frequently. I force myself to toss them back, because I always want to spend my time and limited storage space on the fossils that everyone agrees are fossils.

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Thank you @Shellseeker I've actually scanned a whole bunch of your previous posts over the last several years as I've found various pieces. Appreciate the thoughtful coaching here.

• I found this Informative 1