PrehistoricWonders

I would assume so as the same species seem to occur throughout the bonebed to the best of my knowledge:) personally i havent seen any but hemis arent that common in any part of the bed and naturally the fire zone is just a section so there will be a much lower proportion of fire zone hemis to normal ones

• I found this Informative 3

10 hours ago, Familyroadtrip said:

Hey,

I was wondering if it’s possible to find fire zone hemi’s in STH, or not? TIA

FYI JohhyQuest posted a fire-zone set in this thread:

On 9/12/2020 at 6:34 PM, will stevenson said:

I would assume so as the same species seem to occur throughout the bonebed to the best of my knowledge:) personally i havent seen any but hemis arent that common in any part of the bed and naturally the fire zone is just a section so there will be a much lower proportion of fire zone hemis to normal ones

Yeah... I hadn’t seen any, I was curious cause I’ve only seen makos from the fire zone... thanks!

22 hours ago, Brett Breakin' Rocks said:

FYI JohhyQuest posted a fire-zone set in this thread:

thank you, I’ll check that out right now!

• 2 weeks later...

I think the "Fire Zone" is just a general area (sites closer to the Kern River) rather than a layer within the Sharktooth Hill Bonebed.  You can get any of the sharks or other animals there, and just because you're in the zone, that doesn't mean all the teeth are going to be orange-red.  I've seen orange-red teeth at Slow Curve and the "West Quarry" (Bob Ernst's "West Side" quarry too.  It's just that you get more orange-red over there.  One member here once showed a beautiful orange-red meg from the "Fire Zone."

I think I have a small "Fire Zone" hemi and will try to dig that out of a box somewhere.

Jess

• 3 weeks later...