Fossil Youtube Channels

Thecosmilia Trichitoma

There are several good fossil youtube channels that I have found out about that I would like to share. They are a great way to pass time and learn more about fossils, and are also a good way to introduce friends and family too paleontology. I had to link to individual videos from their channels, because my computer would not let me copy the URL of the channel itself. Please add to this list with other good youtube channels that you know. 

PaleoChris

I don't think this channel needs much explanation, as it is made by the person who created this amazing forum. He collects minerals, does fossil hunting and searches for antiques in Florida and some other states. 

WILDKYLE

This channel is very similar to PaleoChris. They hunt on many of the same areas, and often make videos together.

Yorkshire Fossils

The host of this channel mainly collects on Englands Jurassic Coast, as well as doing some nice prep work on his finds. He has found many ammonites, some lobsters, ichthyosaur bones, a crocodile jaw, plesiosaur bones and more. 

Benjamin Burger

This channel is run by Benjamin Burger, the Associate Professor of Geology at Utah State University. He posts many lectures that are fascinating to watch, and discusses the topics thoroughly in an easy to understand manner. He also does a series called The Rocks of Utah, in which he explores geologic formations in Utah, the history of collecting at them, fossils found at the location, and how the rock layers formed.

PBS Eons

This channel is like a simplified version of Benjamin Burger, but is still very interesting, and talks about a variety of evolutionary concepts.

• I found this Informative 3

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

Here are a few more good youtube channels that I have found.

Whitby Fossils

This channel is run by the fossil forum member @LiamL. He hunts mainly on the Jurassic Coast of England, and has some amazing finds! I learned about his amazing channel this morning when he posted this hunt.

Digging Science

This channel does a lot of Florida diving and shark tooth hunting. They also occasionally go to other states for fossil hunting, such as in this trip to the Green River Formation.

• I found this Informative 2

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

• 3 months later...

I haven't posted on this thread for a while! Here is a channel called "Mamlambo." He does lots of prep work and has found some great fossils. As an added bonus, he has an AMAZING accent. :)

-Mark Twain

3 hours ago, Thecosmilia Trichitoma said:

I haven't posted on this thread for a while! Here is a channel called "Mamlambo." He does lots of prep work and has found some great fossils. As an added bonus, he has an AMAZING accent. :)

Also a member here. ;) 

• I found this Informative 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me