Identifying fossil found in Florida

Adamsell

Hello,

I recently found a rock bearing what seems to be a fossil, but i am unable to identify it or the age. I would greatly appreciate anyones time that could help me to unravel this puzzle.  I've included pictures of both sides of the rock. Iam not sure of all the black lines and dots on the other side of the rock as well.

Thank you very much for your help in advance. 

20200914_124028.thumb.jpg.86b8a94159a5bf5a0195253d25aaaf5c.jpg

20200914_124011.jpg

20200914_124118.jpg

20200914_123958.jpg

Hello welcome to the forum. I may not be able to help but I'm sure some other members will. It would help though if you put where you found it.

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

The oblong shape in the 2nd, 3rd & 4th pics may be a cross section of a crinoid stem.

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

Where in Florida was it found?  It's a big place.

It looks like a paleozoic fossil, which is unusual for Florida. :headscratch:

I'm seeing cross sections of brachiopods and a worn cross section of a crinoid stem.  

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

If it's a crinoid stem impression, the rock is an erratic brought down from the Smoky Mtns. early in Florida pre-history.  It may be evidence of the convergence of Gondwana and Laurentia during the Late Paleozoic Alleghenian Orogeny.  [Sorry, i couldn't resist.]:thumbsu:

• I found this Informative 2

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

On 9/14/2020 at 6:13 PM, Harry Pristis said:

Late Paleozoic Alleghenian Orogeny

A movement that's hard to resist. :D

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!