Mosasaur jaw real?

Josesaurus rex

Hi, i saw this mosasaur jaw for sale.  I think it may be real, although I'm not 100% sure.  Says it's from Phosphate deposits of Khourigba, Morocco.  I have seen other jaws that are obviously false, but with this one I have doubts. 
I had to darken and change the brightness of the images, as the originals were too bright.  

I would appreciate your comments please.

BE476797-8B1A-4F4A-8572-5BC42DE76A16.jpeg

43226082-B46E-4F77-B7F7-47798F675B01.jpeg

D1C9DFA1-A05F-47C2-BDA9-7F6167DC24CA.jpeg

873BD944-CBE5-4545-BC90-5DE6851B2D2E.jpeg

C5AA5B0D-7434-4079-B4E1-994C1553DE48.jpeg

All real parts. But pretty sure it's a composite.

The bone itself is the very front fragment of a right lower jaw. A pretty nice piece too.

But when we look at the teeth, and compare those to the tooth socket in front. Then we see that the empty tooth socket doesn't match in size with the two complete teeth. Yes, the size of teeth often increases going back, but not this dramatically. So the complete teeth are too fat and the wrong shape. Generally teeth in the front of the jaw are more slender and often point slightly forward. Of course what the teeth exactly look like depends on the species.

If I would guess, I'd say these two teeth look like pterygoid teeth from a large Prognathodon sp.. Pterygoid teeth are the ones far back in the throat in the second set of upper jaws.

So yeah, a composite.

• I found this Informative 2

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

On 15/9/2020 at 10:40, RJB said:

Esta mandíbula ha sido atada como Frankenstein.  :)

RB

unfortunately the fossil is not alive :D

• I found this Informative 2