Paleo Society of Austin September Meeting

erose

Hey everyone,

The Paleontological Society of Austin holds meetings once a month and always on the third Tuesday.  Those meetings have always been open to the public.  Now that we are doing them virtually via Zoom I would like to invite the members of the Fossil Forum as well.  The meeting starts at 7pm CDT and we  usually have a lecture for the first hour (often interesting) and then a short club business meeting (boring for guests).

I am actually going to be the speaker tomorrow. Although I am by no means an expert on fossil crustaceans, I am presenting a review of what species are currently described from the Glen Rose and Walnut Formations (Albian) of Central Texas.  I'll review the current literature, described species and show examples of what I have managed to collect myself (or with the help of others) over the last 15 years.  I'll also have images of a handful of "unknowns" that maybe some of you other Texas collectors have encountered.  We'll follow the presentation with a Q&A session as best I can.

Here is a link to our newsletters and the meeting info is included in the September Volume.  https://austinpaleo.org/newsletter.html

Hope to see some of you there tomorrow evening.

Erich Rose

President, Paleontological Society of Austin

• I found this Informative 5