Scored an unknown tooth, with some shark teeth

Bradley Flynn

Visited a friend this weekend who gave me some nice fossils. I know where the black teeth come from and I'm guessing that the lighter teeth are from Morocco. The circled tooth I'm unsure about, any ideas? Thanks

IMG_20200915_191514.jpg

IMG_20200915_191152.jpg

IMG_20200915_191050.jpg

IMG_20200915_191036.jpg

Indeed the lighter ones are Moroccan. Squalicorax pristodontus (serrated) and Serratolamna sp. The dark ones are makos. The tooth circled is mosasaur. The "ribbed ring" is a piece of ammonite.

• I found this Informative 1

"Argumentation cannot suffice for the discovery of new work, since the subtlety of Nature is greater many times than the subtlety of argument." - Carl Sagan

"I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there." - Richard Feynman

Collections: Hell Creek Microsite | Hell Creek/Lance | Dinosaurs | Sharks | SquamatesPost Oak Creek | North Sulphur RiverLee Creek | Aguja | Permian | Devonian | Triassic | Harding Sandstone

Instagram: @thephysicist_tff

I'm thinking that the ammonite piece is dactylioceras sp. Had an idea it might be mosasaur, but had to make sure. Thanks for all your help:dinothumb:

2 hours ago, ThePhysicist said:

Indeed the lighter ones are Moroccan. Squalicorax pristodontus (serrated) and Serratolamna sp. The dark ones are makos. The tooth circled is mosasaur. The "ribbed ring" is a piece of ammonite.

The cusped Moroccan tooth is Cretolamna (marocannabiauriculata. I agree with ThePhysicist on all the other IDs. 

• I found this Informative 1

On 2020/09/16 at 12:38 AM, Praefectus said:

The cusped Moroccan tooth is Cretolamna (marocannabiauriculata. I agree with ThePhysicist on all the other IDs

Thank you :dinothumb: