T-rex premax tooth real?

Tacosaurus

Hello i am considering purchasing this T-rex tooth. The seller claims that their are no repairs with nice enamel and good serrations. with the only damage on the tooth mentioned being on the inside edge. 

My questions are simple is this really a tyrannosaurus rex tooth and is there any sign or repaired damage or anything that would indicate the tooth is fake etc.

Information about the tooth: Age: 65 Million Years / Carter County, Montana Hell Creek Formation / Size: 2 inches long

Below are the images they have provided.

1373x1033.jpg

1517x1140.jpg

1547x1163.jpg

1640x1233 (1).jpg

1701x1279.jpg

1729x1300.jpg

1803x1355.jpg

Edited by Tacosaurus

Looks real to me. T. rex teeth are generally bulky and have an oval base, though maxillary teeth can be rectangular like Nanotyrannus. The base of this tooth appears to be to be oval shaped, and it seems to have pretty good bulk to it, so I would lean to say this is a T. rex tooth. Ideally, serration count will help for a more definitive ID. I don't really see any signs of repairs, but there are some hairline fractures that can be seen in places. However, I would wait for the experts to chime in with what they have to say.

• I found this Informative 2