BellamyBlake

Indeed, more Spinosaurus teeth from me. I appreciate the help that many of you have offered. It's much easier to spot potential issues with more experienced eyes and angles I hadn't considered. I have two Spinosaurus teeth here, both over 4". They look kosher to me barring some minor matrix fill on cracks. Confirmation would be lovely!

Thank you,

Bellamy

First:

1500x1125.JPG

1500x1125.JPG

1500x1125.JPG

Second:

1500x1125.JPG

1500x1125.JPG

1500x1125.JPG

Both are real Spinosaurid teeth and very poorly prepped 

The first tooth has lots of matrix added to tip to make it look round and not broken, a little crack fill evident on the side.  Missing 1/2 its enamel. Wonder how stable the entire tooth is.  Probably needs to be stabilized with a consolidant.

Exact same comments for the second tooth but in much worst condition

• I found this Informative 1

4 hours ago, Troodon said:

Both are real Spinosaurid teeth and very poorly prepped 

The first tooth has lots of matrix added to tip to make it look round and not broken, a little crack fill evident on the side.  Missing 1/2 its enamel. Wonder how stable the entire tooth is.  Probably needs to be stabilized with a consolidant.

Exact same comments for the second tooth but in much worst condition

Thank you for your remarks. I've asked them to stabilize it with a consolidant before I purchase. If they have already done that and simply a less than ideal job, I may have to stabilize it myself. It would be my first time doing that. 

I've done some reading. Elmers white glue, diluted in water, seems economic and effective. In your opinion would it be okay for my purposes, or would I opt for something more professional like B72 or Vinac?