Heading to DC

sharko69

Well my job has shifted me from West to East and now I will be visiting DC as. Part of my new territory. I have been fortunate to hunt in California but now will have the opportunity to add some east coast teeth to my collection. 

my question is where the best spot is to hunt with any short windows of time I have while I am in DC. Brownie’s appears to be about 45 minutes but wondering what other sites I should visit while I am there for business. Any onsite and tips for hunting this area would be greatly appreciated. Looking at tide charts it looks like I might get a little time as tide is going out in the evening while I am there.  Thanks in advance!

Out of all the MD sites I know of, you’ll find the most at purse state park, purse is the only ive been to, but I did well, like 40 teeth each time and the trips I took were each like 40-60 minutes long, so I’d recommend there.

Matoaka cabins is your best choice on the Chesapeake bay right now. Douglas Point or Purse Park are good for the Potomac River.

You will definitely find more teeth at purse park, but you have to get there early if you want parking. For Brownies beach, they closed the areas under the cliffs. Don’t think it is worth it. Further south is Flag Pond, which is only open to county residents until mid October. Before Flag Pond is Matoaka Cabins. For the cabins, it cost to park and search for teeth. $5 during the week and $10 on the weekend/ per person.

2 hours ago, Familyroadtrip said:

Oh, I forgot to mention that as last I checked brownies is closed to non residents.

Yep looks like it is closed. Thank you.