NJ gem, mineral, and fossil show

PrehistoricWonders

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone was going to the NJ gem, mineral, and fossil show... I’m considering going, but I wouldn’t be super interested if there aren’t many fossil dealers, I was also wondering if anyone knows how many dealers are going to be there. TIA!

15 hours ago, Familyroadtrip said:

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone was going to the NJ gem, mineral, and fossil show... I’m considering going, but I wouldn’t be super interested if there aren’t many fossil dealers, I was also wondering if anyone knows how many dealers are going to be there. TIA!

I will be going as I live 30 minutes away but depending on when I start my job i might have to go on the weekend which I feel like Im just getting leftovers. There is an exhibitor list on the web. I think that there will be plenty of good stuff and people are generally over quarantine lol. And people always will need to do business.

https://ny-nj-gemshow.com/exhibitor-list/

On 9/17/2020 at 9:26 PM, Familyroadtrip said:

Hi all,

When, and exactly where, will this be?

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

On 9/18/2020 at 1:14 PM, FossilizedJello said:

I will be going as I live 30 minutes away but depending on when I start my job i might have to go on the weekend which I feel like Im just getting leftovers. There is an exhibitor list on the web. I think that there will be plenty of good stuff and people are generally over quarantine lol. And people always will need to do business.

https://ny-nj-gemshow.com/exhibitor-list/

Cool, I’m hoping to go, but I won’t be able to go Saturday or Sunday.

Do either of you know how many dealers there will be? I’m excited cause there’s one dealer that’s name is smilodon something, I’m really hoping they have a smilodon tooth!

1 minute ago, Familyroadtrip said:

Do either of you know how many dealers there will be? I’m excited cause there’s one dealer that’s name is smilodon something, I’m really hoping they have a smilodon tooth!

It says on the link above that Smilodon Resources will be there.  The link above lists everyone who will be there 

• I found this Informative 1

42 minutes ago, hokietech96 said:

It says on the link above that Smilodon Resources will be there.  The link above lists everyone who will be there 

I knew it was smilodon something, but I couldn’t remember, I’m just hoping they have something smilodon!

I go most years but am skipping this year because of covid. Have fun, post a lot of picture from the show and be safe!

23 minutes ago, HamptonsDoc said:

I go most years but am skipping this year because of covid. Have fun, post a lot of picture from the show and be safe!

Thanks, if I go I definitely will post pics!

• 2 weeks later...

I visited the show this evening. Since only 300 people are allowed inside, including vendors, there was a wait to get inside. Once inside, the convention hall was only halfway opened because they have so few vendors. Only one vendor looked to exclusively sell fossils, and there were 5-7 vendors in total that had any fossils for sale. As in past years it was almost entirely gem and mineral vendors. While I am disappointed with what this year's show has to offer, I'm not entirely surprised due to the circumstances.

• I found this Informative 2

Follow me on Instagram (@fossil_mike) to check out my personal collection of fossils collected and acquired over more than 15 years of fossil hunting!

Yeah... I decided not to go cause I read the fossil vendor list and the only one I knew wasn’t going to be there. If you don’t mind me asking, what did that seller have?

If my memory holds it was some form of art with animal skulls. They didn't look to be fossilized and they definitely weren't Smilodon skulls. 

Follow me on Instagram (@fossil_mike) to check out my personal collection of fossils collected and acquired over more than 15 years of fossil hunting!

I was there yesterday. The main fossil stands were at the end and there were a few pretty cool pieces. Got a Spino tooth there which I’m hyped about, lol. This was my first time going so can’t compare the number of vendors, but it was mostly gems and minerals. Looking forward to next year when hopefully COVID isn’t around.