Guns

This tooth is listed for sale from dealer in my country as Tyrannosaurus Rex tooth.

Info from dealer : 0.53" from Carter country, Hell creek formation, Montana.

To me clearly it is not T-rex tooth.I think it may belong to Acheroraptor tooth.Please confirm&correct me if im wrong.

thank you.

Guns.

FB_IMG_1600573331179.thumb.jpg.ae9ef71395f53d9caf2acd9e32dc2673.jpgFB_IMG_1600572246918.thumb.jpg.f5148f84ed20ea3584b1f7dd0454fb47.jpgFB_IMG_1600572229751.thumb.jpg.e55d74ae276547dd3a3890b59ae1d7cd.jpg

I would think it was Acheroraptor tooth too based on those vertical ridges. However, I'm not sure if the tooth is Dromaeosaurid because the serrations on the mesial and distal carinae appear to be the same size. There should be a noticeable difference in size with the mesial serrations being much smaller. I would wait for others' opinions.

• I found this Informative 2

2 minutes ago, Paleostoric said:

I would think it was Acheroraptor tooth too based on those vertical ridges. However, I'm not sure if the tooth is Dromaeosaurid because the serrations on the mesial and distal carinae appear to be the same size. There should be a noticeable difference in size with the mesial serrations being much smaller. I would wait for others' opinions.

I also notice equal Anterior &Posterior carinae as well that make me unsure about ID this theropod tooth.

My vote is Acheroraptor. The ridges are obvious, I’m also seeing what looks like some lateral compression at the base. The denticles appear to be different sizes in the last picture but I could be wrong.  

• I found this Informative 1

Just now, Captcrunch227 said:

My vote is Acheroraptor. The ridges are obvious, I’m also seeing what looks like some lateral compression at the base. The denticles appear to be different sizes in the last picture but I could be wrong.  

those picture quality are poor. we all could be wrong!  LoL