paleo.nath

I’ve just recently sifted through some permian micro matrix from Oklahoma and I came across this and wasn’t sure if it was anything at all, it was very uniform and sleek so I didn’t immediately assume it was a pebble, it also had that strange split on one end. I’m not even sure if it’s a fossil.1644F09C-8792-4D1C-A63C-9F56693B0611.thumb.jpeg.86bc1922c12de323e440d9d3832957f0.jpeg

04B45DF6-CAF5-4197-BE54-F6F0BD0F93FD.jpeg

C74B5492-46B7-40D4-A930-9B826ECE4503.jpeg

Is it light? If so it could be a modern seed. It looks like a legume seed to me, especially because of the split on the one end. I obviously could be wrong, though

Sorry, but the shape appears to be the result of normal wear on a small pebble to me. The split being a larger fracture or inclusion that has been nearly erased. 

2 hours ago, Rockwood said:

Sorry, but the shape appears to be the result of normal wear on a small pebble to me. The split being a larger fracture or inclusion that has been nearly erased. 

Oh okay thanks anyway!

8 hours ago, Petalodus12 said:

Is it light? If so it could be a modern seed. It looks like a legume seed to me, especially because of the split on the one end. I obviously could be wrong, though

Yeah I think it’s just a pebble the more I look at it, thank you though!