Im new and need a bunch of help

JustLucky

Im new have found abunch of bone. Not shur what turns dynos to gems but i have teeth skin and whole specimens in sap i think. I need alot of help

119596595_3262421067127373_9158145745885213202_n.jpg

119608175_1396907740519599_4374224546730780058_n (1).jpg

119778999_240831480698946_8033035370831934455_n.jpg

The top is meat and a tooth. Next is a squid. Last is a head or foot lol. Last pics are two more of head. A tooth or toe fell out

i have a geod with ash in it also.

119601006_3925358620827305_3120765952970556353_n.jpg

119778999_240831480698946_8033035370831934455_n.jpg

I have alot more and will be updating everone who helps i will put your name in a ha i will draw names and i will giveaway something like a tooth. It will be nice.

Second picture top is a small octopus looking animal. Below to the righr is a fish left of that is tooth. Bottom i have no clue

I'm not sure that any of these are fossils, let alone fossilized bone, skin, teeth, squid, etc. :headscratch:

Sorry, but so far, I see no evidence of teeth, skin, bone, or otherwise. No bone structure, skin impression pattern, tooth enamel, or any other diagnostic features. Just rocks with some cracks and mineral staining. I think we might have a case of pareidolia here. :unsure:

Your first two pictures would need better lighting, and to be in focus to see what you have, if anything. Some sort of scale would also be helpful. :) 

• I found this Informative 4

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

9 minutes ago, FossilNerd said:

I'm not sure that any of these are fossils, let alone fossilized bone, skin, teeth, squid, etc. :headscratch:

Sorry, but so far, I see no evidence of teeth, skin, bone, or otherwise. No bone structure, skin impression pattern, tooth enamel, or any other diagnostic features. Just rocks with some cracks and mineral staining. I think we might have a case of pareidolia here. :unsure:

Your first two pictures would need better lighting, and to be in focus to see what you have, if anything. Some sort of scale would also be helpful. :) 

Agree with all the statements here. Also, it’s always good to say the location/provenance so that a better ID can be made if possible. 

Only one in thos pictures is a tooth i have to post more pics tommorow the grey stones are still dirty with slate. I pulled the teeth im talking about my self. Well mudslide crushed them all up

I agree with the others. Not seeing any fossils in your pictures.  :( 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

At least you have a vivid imagination. I'll bet you see a lot in cloud formations too. I have to agree with the others in seeing no fossils in these somewhat blurry photos.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

I agree, I don't believe squids can fossilize by themselves. When they do its rare and compressed on a plate, not in a solid rock like yours. 

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

If you have an iPhone you can click show selected and then actual size and change it

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)