Shark and mammal id please

Bradley Flynn

Took a very early morning trip to the beach with my daughter this morning and we found some very nice things. Im thinking that the shark teeth are Mako sp? And maybe white shark? Have no clue on the bones. The bigger one might be a partial whale vert? The two smaller ones I can't place at all. From what I have read on the area is that it's Miocene to late pliocene in age, terrestrial and marine species are found on this stretch of beach and further inland. Thanks for everyone's expertise. 

IMG_20200926_123347.jpg

IMG_20200926_123241.jpg

IMG_20200926_123804.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Hi while I can't help with the mammal id, I think your shark teeth are from the mako ( white shark ) and great white shark. Any how nice finds. 

I think your big bone is whale vert.  Your most complete smaller bone could be Astragalus:

I am trying to keep in mind that we have different fauna... What's in South Africa might not be in South Florida and vice versa...

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

1 hour ago, Shellseeker said:

I think your big bone is whale vert.  Your most complete smaller bone could be Astragalus:

I am trying to keep in mind that we have different fauna... What's in South Africa might not be in South Florida and vice versa.

Hi @Shellseeker Im also leaning towards half a whale vert, length wise. I'm no expert but I would think that many of the same marine species would have inhabited the ocean 's around Florida, SA and other land masses. Terrestrial mammals I believe would be a different story, similar but different. Agree with both you and @Harry Pristis on the Astragalus, I will look into that. Thank you for the help. 

14 minutes ago, Familyroadtrip said:

The bottom four shark teeth are great whites, the bigger two are hastalis.

Agreed, although I can’t tell if the tooth on the bottom right has worn serrations or not. If there are no serrations visible then it’s probably hastalis. Nice teeth!

Just now, bthemoose said:

Agreed, although I can’t tell if the tooth on the bottom right has worn serrations or not. If there are no serrations visible then it’s probably hastalis. Nice teeth!

Thanks! The last tooth on the right has no serrations. So it seems I have three hastalis and three great Whites.