Ignaberga crumbling matrix

Jurassicz1

I have noticed that in ignaberga. The rocks in matrix are very crumbly. How do i fix it? And for me its pain to prep. Like this shell in the gaps theres really hard matrix. And the black stuff that some told me was magnesium oxide. Its really hard to remove them i need to scrape it off with dental picks. Some said toothbrushes work for them. Tried it sometimes it removes them but not often. Should i just keep to scrape them off? Risk of damaging the fossil? I do have cyanoacrylate Will that help the crumbling rocks? 1601123305846518398484686581819.thumb.jpg.acfc79f5520831ede2adad3a9185c893.jpg16011232895586338533762216757987.thumb.jpg.9a48aa91d95c567b610eef4fe4244b6c.jpg

I have used a thin solution of paraloid b-72 and acetone to stabilise them, there are some very in depth posts about the subjects if you do a Quick search

32 minutes ago, Phevo said:

I have used a thin solution of paraloid b-72 and acetone to stabilise them, there are some very in depth posts about the subjects if you do a Quick search

Ok paraloid b-72 are they only online or can i find them in stores? 

6 hours ago, Jurassicz said:

Ok paraloid b-72 are they only online or can i find them in stores? 

There were no retailers in Denmark, so I bought mine from Germany, I don't know about Sweden though

You can either buy it through "the big auction site" or directly with a company from there