Wayne found the largest blastoid I'd yet seen from Leitchfield which reminded me of some of the big ones I've seen posted from Illinois and West Virginia. Lo and behold I found my largest blastoid too, just over an inch in height though likely smaller than Wayne's.

IMG_6178.JPG

• I found this Informative 3

While we are on echinoderms, I thought I'd show my crinoid calyxes. All are partial specimens. These are Agissizocrinus:

IMG_6188.JPG

Also found these brachiopods: Cleiothyridina obmaxina and Punctospirifer depressus which closely resembles the Punctospirifer I found in Texas two years ago in the Pennsylvanian. The brachiopods that ae not flattened and have robust shells, I am not sure about the identity .

IMG_6181.JPG

• I found this Informative 1

Your trip report has me drooling and wanting me to plan an excursion eastward to see my sister of course!!!

Mike

• I found this Informative 1

2 hours ago, Jeffrey P said:

Another, better picture. Wayne was already happy with the things he was finding there. 

I was extremely happy! Not bad for my first time at the site. :)

You had some wonderful finds to be happy about as well! The large blastoid, calyx with arms, and the one with a spike were very, very nice! I think the calyx with partial arms may have been the find of the day! The two rarly found gastropods were great finds as well. 

Thanks for being my excuse to get out and hunt! It was a pleasure, and we will have to do it again the next time you are down this way! :D 

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

This, I think is the last part of the Trips Report. I spent the following with family. Then, on Thursday morning departed. I drove east on the Blue Grass Highway, skirted Lexington and Paris and then arrived at Maysville, which was my destination last year. However, instead of hitting the enormous roadcut there I started heading northwest on AA hitting outcrops along the road, I probably visited almost a dozen, possibly more. All the sites were marine Ordovician  like the first two sites I visited at the very beginning of the trip. Every single one had bryozoans. The weather was perfect. Here is a sample of the roadcuts I stopped at: 

IMG_6058 (1).JPG

There were dozens of outcrops along this stretch of state highway. I passed many promising ones by and stopped at others. I didn't even check out the outcrops on the other side of the road. Fortunately the shoulder was usually wide enough to park and hunt safely. As I said bryozoans were prevalent in all of the outcrops I stopped at. In the past I've often ignored them, not so this time. I found many beautiful and varied examples. Check these out:

IMG_6823.JPG

Hopefully you weren't going the wrong way on the AA :P Great report with a good selection of fauna. It's also nice to see Herb and Wayne in living color. Thanks for sharing all of this.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

In addition to bryozoans there were other things; crinoids, cephalopods, and brachiopods. These are some of the brachiopods I found though I'm not sure about the species: 

IMG_6076.JPG

After a long day of collecting, I reached my hotel in Cold Spring, just south of Cincinnati. The next day was a long slog back to New York, almost twelve hours, but arrived safely without mishap fortunately. I am now in quarantine, working from home. Just a few days left. The trip had many fine and fun experiences. I definitely enjoyed myself. My family were more than okay with my fossil collecting since that took away much of the burden of having to entertain me. It was good seeing them and I am sure that this will continue to be and at least annual event for the foreseeable future. I would like to take this opportunity to thank them for putting up with me and also to thank my friends on the Forum, especially Herb and Wayne whom I had great experiences collecting with on this trip. I will continue sort out and organize and label my finds. Should keep me busy for some time to come.