Could this be a pathological Carcharias tooth?

Ludwigia

Looks like a sandtiger which do have blades that curve somewhat but this looks like it could have slight pathology to it. More twisted than I normally see.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

42 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

Looks like a sandtiger which do have blades that curve somewhat but this looks like it could have slight pathology to it. More twisted than I normally see.

Thanks. I just checked out the various sandtigers and discovered that this is probably a lower symphesal from Araloselachus cuspidatus.

• I found this Informative 1

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

3 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

Thanks. I just checked out the various sandtigers and discovered that this is probably a lower symphesal from Araloselachus cuspidatus.

Hi Roger,

It appears a little more inflated in the root than usual, but with the damage to the crown, it's hard to say that it's definitely pathological.  The root lobes are too spread out to be a symphyseal.  The lobes are at a very acute angle in a symphyseal with the tooth more slender overall.  What is the size of the tooth?

Jess.

5 hours ago, siteseer said:

Hi Roger,

It appears a little more inflated in the root than usual, but with the damage to the crown, it's hard to say that it's definitely pathological.  The root lobes are too spread out to be a symphyseal.  The lobes are at a very acute angle in a symphyseal with the tooth more slender overall.  What is the size of the tooth?

Jess.

Hi Jess. Slant length of the enamel without root is 12mm. You did notice that in the last photo the root is stuck to a blob of putty?

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

I was thinking maybe an upper, I could be wrong.  I have a handful of teeth that the roots are compressed together. I assume they are lower middle teeth, but again I could be wrong.

top.jpg

bottom.jpg

tooth.jpg

• I found this Informative 2