Bone from an agate pit, possibly a fossil?

Mark Pimphand

Petrified wood, agates and jasper are everywhere in this pit. Teeth and bones from "ice age horses" and mammoths have apparently been found in these pits too. Before going I read something about pumice being found in these pits, I guess that was still in my mind because I immediately thought this was a big ugly chunk of pumice when I picked it up, it wasn't until getting it home and rinsing off the gunk I realized it was definitely a bone, possibly a fossil.

So I'm just curious what it might be? If I found this on a hike through a forest I wouldn't think twice about it being anything other than "some old bone", it's really only because I found it where I did I'm giving it a second thought. It "feels" like a rock which has me thinking it's a fossil, although really I have no clue. I can't really imagine taking it to a museum, I'd imagine they must get nutcases in there on a daily basis asking about the "dinosaur bones" and "meteorites" they've found... so I'd rather embarrass myself online if this is just some dried out 5 year old cow bone.

So, any initial ideas? I didn't know how the image uploading would work, I can definitely try for better pics from different angles and upload them separately. But I wasn't sure if this was going to be an easy one to ID and if it would need anything more. Feel free to ask any questions.

Link to higher resolution version of attached image:

https://ibb.co/YZ6Z2wJ

IMG_20201001_020205.jpg

44 minutes ago, Mark Pimphand said:

this is just some dried out 5 year old cow bone.

I think it would be safe to start by eliminating that one.