Another Pleistocene Leg Bone?

Robski

Greetings All

I was hiking about 1km from where I found a Paleo Horse Metacarpal last week (Thanks so much for the rapid ID!!) when I found this in the gravel.  It appears to be a leg bone but I have not been able to ID it so far.

It is a little beat up and weathered but I hope someone can help me figure out what it is.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards

Rob

IMG_3359.jpg

IMG_3360.jpg

IMG_3361.jpg

IMG_3362.jpg

IMG_3363.jpg

My buddy in the Yukon says it looks like a water worn Horse Metacarpal.  Now I see the similarities with the one I found last week. Clearly there were at least a couple Horses up here.

Cheers

Rob

62327527360__816F4FE3-2367-4BCD-B864-581EB3A6C162.thumb.jpg.f2f842f5aac4dc8ebb1261116a6692c9.jpg

Looks pretty recent to me. Tongue test on the growth plate results? Does it “ping” or “tock” when tapped? In situ pic available?

They are still bone and have not been mineralized.  These both came from Gravel Paleo channels that were reworked by more recent stream activity.  The original channels are visible on the sides of the stream and are covered by masses of glacial outwash silts and very well developed soil profiles.  The more recent find was found high and dry and has been in the sun likely for years.  There were massive floods here about three years ago and the usual trickles were torrents.

Rob