Lake texhoma finds

Steedo79

Some my daughter and I found hunting lake texhoma . Still got to do a little cleaning.

20201004_151028.jpg

Edited by Steedo79
Add info
  • I found this Informative 2

Wow I like those ammonites

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

The first pic are Gryphaea- AKA- Devil's Toenails.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

On 10/4/2020 at 5:31 PM, Darktooth said:

The first pic are Gryphaea- AKA- Devil's Toenails.

Here in Texas the genus is Texigryphaea.  Not sure why and when they were redescribed under a new genus, but they are just a bit different than true Gryphaea which I don't believe we get here even in the youngest Cretaceous sediments..

• I found this Informative 1

Nice finds! I went to Texoma last year and found very little (that I could extract easily), good to know that there are better places when I visit next.

On 10/7/2020 at 2:50 PM, T. nepaeolicus said:

Nice finds! I went to Texoma last year and found very little (that I could extract easily), good to know that there are better places when I visit next.

Look for the white chalky layers usually in or ontop of that layer