Trevor

Dear Fellow Forum Members,

On this day, the 4th of October in the year 2020, @itsronni @Masp @Trevor and @Jeffrey P ventured to a frequented late cretaceous stream in New Jersey. I first met up with Jeff and did some sifting before later locating itsronni and Masp further downstream. Finds came somewhat slowly after we first stopped to sift but after some time we gradually found more fossils. We stayed in one area for the majority of the day up until Jeff had to leave. After some deliberation, the remaining members and I walked a quarter mile upstream and then left shortly afterwards. It was a nice day to meet fellow forum members and also a nice day to collect fossils.

Here are my finds, the others will post theirs when they can:

IMG_5652.JPG.756c1ea70a00fe50527a6f3e5a6c4bc7.JPG

IMG_5654.thumb.JPG.3e402a1aeca6c32e2efb0bfde6e3afd5.JPG

IMG_5653.thumb.JPG.b05b6c5bbfc57f0ce8dc910478b2d263.JPG

• I found this Informative 16

: )

Nice haul Trevor! I really like that Pyropsis gastropod.

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

It was a great day to get out and do some hunting. I learned a lot from the more senior members, and came out with many nice teeth, half a shark or ray vert, a fish vert, among other finds. I’ll have to take better pictures tomorrow! Had a blast today, looking forward to the next group trip. It was great meeting other paleo people!

14868668-B144-40A8-B1BB-AE86200ED61B.jpeg.4b76adc617b9a37f4cfbd6c24318a702.jpeg

• I found this Informative 11

Here's my contributions from today's outing. The small damaged mosasaur tooth seemed to excite everyone the most, but my personal favorite was the big gastropod internal mold, possibly Pugnellus sp., but I have to have that confirmed. The shark vert in the center I found in the first few minutes told me this would be a day of good finds. The jaw on top is some sort of modern mammal. I enjoyed seeing and collecting with Trevor again. Also met his father. Nice meeting itsronni and Masp for the first time. A very pleasant group to spend a day with. Boy, it's nice to get out of quarantine. 

IMG_6843.JPG

• I found this Informative 14

Great finds! @Jeffrey P I’d guess that modern jaw is raccoon. Feel free to send that mosasaur tooth to me, should I pm you my address?:P

It was a pretty productive day for us I’d say! Had a great time and was a pleasure meeting you guys. @Trevor @itsronni @Jeffrey P Will have to do it again soon! 

Better pics will be posted later. For now, here are yesterday’s finds. 
DD19342B-7BF9-4174-B1BE-1E34E4133C1A.thumb.jpeg.7af10b5a46753e5e7af383ba745865d9.jpeg

• I found this Informative 8

argh!!! the one weekend i had to be away.  Did you all leave ANYTHING there for me?  Hope to meet up for the next group treasure hunt.  I will be back in Big Brook this coming saturday. Anyone expect to be there?

I was that I could of met up with you . Looks like everyone did really well. Congratulations to all on good hunting buddies and great finds.:thumbsu:

• I found this Informative 1

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

i've never been to Ram (yet).  The teeth, verts etc in the photos all appear to be very dark/dirty looking at least in Trevor and Jeffrey P's photos, in comparison to what i see in Big Brook.  I would have expected them to be essentially the same.  Real difference or my imagination?

Just now, hokietech96 said:

Maybe they are still wet and not cleaned off yet. 

@butchndad

This is it. I took the photos after they were wet and uncleaned. Also, you will sometimes find teeth with matrix attached on them, which is very tough to get off. Usually sand finds a way in my fossil back and I usually wait until they try to brush them off.

• I found this Informative 1

: )