Where to buy a fossil display case in Europe

pachy-pleuro-whatnot-odon

Hi all,

A couple of years ago I built up quite a collection of Moroccan mosasaur teeth, which, unfortunately, are now lying in various boxes wrapped in plastic. I'd really like to put them out on display, however haven't found the right way to do so. Preferably, I'd be looking for something like an old-style museum display cabinet, where the teeth would rest on red velvet (or felt, foam, etc.). Now I came across these display cases on one of the big auction sites today, and this really seems to meet my needs. Unfortunately, though, they're slightly more expensive than I had imagined. What deters me, however, are the high shipping costs (almost double the actual cost of the cabinet itself) and the fact that I'd need to import the case into Europe - that is, not only have the extremely high shipping costs, but also customs processing and tax. If I add all of this together, the total price becomes disproportionate to the product. In was therefore hoping someone might know where you could buy a similar product this side of the Atlantic.

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpg

In case it matters, I wouldn't need to case to be wall-mountable, as I'll be laying the box down flat...

If you have any suggestions pertaining to specific shops, please keep the forum's rules in mind and send me a PM.

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett

I'm familiar with Bodemschat, and have ordered from them in the past (I'm actually Dutch, though have spent more time in France than the Netherlands this year due to the pandemic). Indeed, I checked their stock of similar products first, but don't like their aluminium-range or the compartmentalisation that many of such cassettes have (they're too inflexible to my taste). Their ring cassette seems interesting, however, so many be I should get in touch with them to see what else they might have. Thanks for the suggestion!

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett