Help identify

kathrynjenine

This would be better posted in the fossil ID section ;)

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

10 minutes ago, Top Trilo said:

This would be better posted in the fossil ID section ;)

Topic moved.  ;)

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Did you buy this? Did you find it? If its in a store it probably says what species it is. Please give us as much information as you can on the specimen

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

They're in the shop I work at, we were only told echinoids, we are wanting to find out the species, we think is tetragramma, but we don't have an idea where they're from

If they got them in bulk, they could be from Morocco. Some sites offer them by the kilogram. Just offering a suggestion on possible origin.

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

It can be extremely difficult to identify organisms with as much history and biodiversity as these creatures with all the correct information, let alone with very little. My advice would be to purchase specimens that have a date and have the area where they were collected (the more specific the better) if you want to get better IDs. Not to say there's not someone with a massive amount of experience that could assist in an ID for this, but that critical information makes the process much smoother. Nonetheless, even without an ID you can appreciate its beauty, better luck next time if it doesn't work out.  

Edited by Susano