Jesuslover340

Shark Teeth and Misc.

fossilsonwheels
12 minutes ago, hokietech96 said:

Interesting.  Was just surprised.  NJ, where I live is Creteceous.  I go to MD for non-Cretaceous.

I believe there are Cenozoic deposits in New Jersey in addition to Cretaceous. Geological formations overlap and form layers that span various time frames so you’d find that in NJ too. I don’t know the specifics of the sites but I’ve seen some Cenozoic shark teeth from NJ. 

Jesuslover340

Well...I've learned a few interesting things myself, reading these responses! I had no clue about the whole Cretaceous Squalicorax from Maryland being interesting, for example. As said,  I really don't know my shark material, so by all means if you want to ramble, ramble, haha! I'd love to learn more :popcorn:

Still have another box to go through at some point...

Jesuslover340

Partial Helicoprion davisii whorl from the Early Permian, Phosphoria Fm., Idaho:

20201021_002531.thumb.jpg.06626e72dd631ab1a26a530127e3796c.jpg

Jesuslover340
On 13/10/2020 at 8:23 AM, fossilsonwheels said:

Please don’t apologize for saving me some typing lol I share your excitement for sure. 

By all means, please type away! As said, I know comparitively little on shark teeth, so don't much know what would stand out or not in terms of being interesting, besides rarity and location. I hope to learn a bit more on them during my break between semesters at university.