Spinosaur Tooth - Comoposite?

BellamyBlake

This is a large Spinosaur tooth. It has obvious repairs, and some restoration horizontally along the middle of the tooth. However, I'm wondering if it looks composite. The claim is that it isn't composite, but I'm suspicious.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I have a lot less experience with Kem Kem fossils than troodon, but I do not see any evidence of this being a composite.  

• I found this Informative 1

I'm not sure if it's a composite or not, but it's a pretty poor example, in my opinion. 

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

5 minutes ago, LordTrilobite said:

I don't see a photo in the original post.

I'm not sure what the issue might be, but I'll PM you the photographs. I'd appreciate your eyes on this

Alright. PM received. Yes that's a composite tooth. The top and bottom do not match at all.

At roughly the middle there is some smudging going on where two different teeth have been glued together. The tooth crown looks complete and even ends before where they are joined. But then on the lower part also has enamel of another tooth crown on it.

Even if it's not a composite, then it's an ugly repair job. I would avoid this one.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite