Graptolite Display Ideas

Megalodoodle

I have been wondering what to do with the graptolites I have found. Currently they're scattered around the house, which I think is a sign to put them up for display. Please... help... the graptolites are taking over my house! How do you suggest I display them?

To respond to your request, it may be helpful to have visuals, pictures of your specimens. 

Mike

I would suggest you sort them and then pick out the most nice and well preserved for display as representative for the rest.

Martin

Thanks. I've had a hard time narrowing them down. Do you think I should get them ID'd before i post them here?

13 minutes ago, T. nepaeolicus said:

Thanks. I've had a hard time narrowing them down. Do you think I should get them ID'd before i post them here?

Not necessarily, but not a bad idea anyway. It would sure make sense to know what to call the things you are displaying.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

I'm sure I could find a bit of room to display some of your overflow in my house... :TongueOut:

Where are they from, did you find them yourself, and how many and big are the pieces?

Found them myself in a roadcut across from Gore Grocery Store, VA. The one's I've prepped are pinky-length pieces. Biggest are about the size of your fist. Not that well-preserved either...