National Fossil Day 2020

fossilcrazy

1 hour ago, fossilcrazy said:

Once again, it's that time of year; to celebrate our favorite topic -FOSSILS!

Good to know. Whose idea was that and how many years has this been going on?

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Yay! Happy National Fossil Day everyone! Let's all never forget to appreciate and celebrate the wonders of fossils and the immense joy they bring us!:megdance::yay-smiley-1:

• I found this Informative 1

Happy Fossil Day everyone! :D 

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

Happy Fossil Day! :yay-smiley-1:

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

7 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

Good to know. Whose idea was that and how many years has this been going on?

This was stared by the National Park Service and, I believe, the Geological Society of America about ten years ago.  Museums and National parks have been doing events all over the country.  Every year has a different theme.  This year it is Permian.  My colleague and I are doing a live FB video at noon in anyone is interested.  Tate Geological Museum FB page

edit: Noon Wyoming time.  

• I found this Informative 5

Happy fossil day good people of the fossil forum , As this year is celebrating the Permian I thought I add a lenticular I have had since childhood. 

EC29432C-B755-41F5-9578-5C6E7DFB2DB5.jpeg

28617EF7-E856-45C5-999F-8828E7DA2672.jpeg

EA3587AC-F0AE-4F54-B85D-331B9D09853E.jpeg

07374D3B-24F3-4993-AD0E-8F2D84127507.jpeg

• I found this Informative 4

4 hours ago, jpc said:

This was stared by the National Park Service and, I believe, the Geological Society of America about ten years ago.  Museums and National parks have been doing events all over the country.  Every year has a different theme.  This year it is Permian.  My colleague and I are doing a live FB video at noon in anyone is interested.  Tate Geological Museum FB page

edit: Noon Wyoming time.  

Pity. I dropped out of FB a long time ago and I don't plan on returning. Anywhere else I can see it?

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Happy National Fossil Day from Sara the Traveling Ceratopsian.

(currently visiting me during her world-wide TFF tour)

5f8782b235d0f_fossilday.jpg.f73cea9615f7ace4fd43972bdf1b8c5a.jpg

• I found this Informative 3

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

25 minutes ago, Pagurus said:

Happy National Fossil Day from Sara the Traveling Ceratopsian.

(currently visiting me during her

Nice photo and I  love the plant fossil display. Happy national fossil day to you both. 

On 10/14/2020 at 2:01 PM, Ludwigia said:

Pity. I dropped out of FB a long time ago and I don't plan on returning. Anywhere else I can see it?

good for you for dropping fb.  I just tried to download it and I can't.  Maybe tomorrow from the office.  IN any case, we had some technical difficulties and the sound was mediocre at best.  

Edit: It was a one time deal.  No recording.