Possible tracks in rock arizona?

Snakebitetrucker

Good day all. I'm new here so let me introduce myself.

I'm Robert, an amateur gold prospector, fisherman and lots more. I have found nothing too interesting during my gold panning adventures well not for an untrained gold fevered eye anyways but have found tons of modern aged bones that looks old at least a few hundred years old. Anyways now since thats out of the ways

I was driving through Arizona  when I reached the top of the hill at the sitegreaves national forest sign off of 260. I pulled over to let my semi truck  cool down and chose to hike a bit. I sat down on a rock and found a small track. 

Its not as big as my hand nor is it extremely noticeable, maybe the size of one of those bbq/Chick-fil-A sauce dipping things tad bigger i guess. Anyways I took a picture what do you think? Just an coincidence?

Resized_20201014_164748(2).jpeg

Edited by Snakebitetrucker

Welcome to the Forum. :) 

Unfortunately, I am not seeing any kind of footprint in this item. :unsure: 

Maybe some others might chime in. 

• I found this Informative 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Its unfortunate if its not. But the whole idea is amazing I'll have to go and see some real footprints to compare. The main reason why it caught my eye is because of the 3 "toes" and how it is embedded in the rock. For that size if it was a dino print I wouldn't expect it to be any deeper comparing it to modern animal tracks i find in mud banks and dirt. 

I appreciate your immediate response. Thanks for your input. Cool topics really. 

Welcome to the forum. I had what I thought was a footprint over a month ago and fossildude19 helped me with it too. The forum is a great place to ask fossil questions. :)

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

Welcome. Even though it may not be a foot print, the rock is interesting. For a few years, I had what I thought was an egg but after much research, found it was just an unusual rock. I still have it.