Sergio Barbeira

Hello again! 
These are two different teeth described as belonging to Deltadromeus agilis. The images are not very good, sorry! Any chance to corroborate it?

Deltadromeus-agilis tooth 2 morocco.jpg

Deltadromeus-agilis-FD193b1.jpg

Deltadromeus-agilis-FD193c.jpg

If I'm correct, no skull and teeth have been found of Deltadromeus, so we can't assign teeth to Deltadromeus. A lot of the unknown or unidentifiable Kem Kem teeth are assigned to Deltadromeus.

No one can say if a tooth is from a Deltadromeus. Any seller selling "Deltadromeus" teeth is either ignorant or falsely advertising.

No skull has been found for Deltadromeus so far. So no one knows what it's teeth would look like. It's been hotly debated on what type of theropod dinosaur it even is. From a Noasaurid to a Neovenatorid. It's even been suggested that it might have been toothless.

So until a skull is found no teeth can be ascribed to Deltadromeus at all.

That being said, these look like they might be Carcharodontosaurid teeth. Otherwise, theropoda indet.

• I found this Informative 3

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Kem Kem teeth are fairly common so its best to acquire complete teeth with good preservation.  That way when the time come that they are described to a genus we have a better opportunity to identify them.   Unfortunately a high percentage of teeth that you see sold are not properly identified.  Its a good move on you part to ask before you buy.

Thank you all for the answers. It did indeed seem strange to me that it was Deltadromeus for which you have pointed. I always ask the sellers for the origin and certificate, but sometimes I find that they are not very sure of what they are selling.

1 hour ago, Sergio Barbeira said:

Thank you all for the answers. It did indeed seem strange to me that it was Deltadromeus for which you have pointed. I always ask the sellers for the origin and certificate, but sometimes I find that they are not very sure of what they are selling.

Keep in mind, anyone with a printer and a computer can make a certificate .  :unsure: 

Certificates really mean nothing as far as authenticity is concerned. 

• I found this Informative 2

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

8 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

Keep in mind, anyone with a printer and a computer can make a certificate .  :unsure: 

Exactly. In my experience, any dealer worth their salt doesn't even offer them.

44 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

Thanks. That is true. Even the fact that they are members of palaeontology associations does not guarantee that what they sell is authentic, as I have seen

36 minutes ago, BellamyBlake said:

Exactly. In my experience, any dealer worth their salt doesn't even offer them.

Yeah