a shell mound?

Nari

Hi!

There is a rock with fossils (?) my house. It's from my father, passed away about 10 years ago.

I don't know what it is, but maybe it's from his China travel.

I have searched some images of old sea animals fossil, but still don't have a idea.

Is there anyone explain them?

Thanks!

IMG_2519.thumb.jpg.aefca5f9f9daa47246c43d6d1cc4b2e7.jpg

At least some of them are trilobite pieces, maybe most of them. Nice hash plate!

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

These would be typical fragments of Neodrepanura premesnili Özdikmen 2011. These are Upper Middle Cambrian trilobites from the Kushan Formation, likely Shandong Province

15263163582_10c430b440_b.jpg

These were previously assigned as Drepanura, but the genus name was already in use for an insect genus, and was reassigned.

See:

Qing Liu & Qianping Lei (2011): First known complete specimen of Neodrepanura  (Trilobita: Damesellidae) from the Cambrian Kushan Formation, Shandong, China,Alcheringa: An Australasian Journal of Palaeontology, 35:3, 397-403 LINK

• I found this Informative 2

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

39 minutes ago, Kane said:

These would be typical fragments of Neodrepanura premesnili Özdikmen 2011. These are Upper Middle Cambrian trilobites from the Kushan Formation, likely Shandong Province

15263163582_10c430b440_b.jpg

These were previously assigned as Drepanura, but the genus name was already in use for an insect genus, and was reassigned.

See:

Qing Liu & Qianping Lei (2011): First known complete specimen of Neodrepanura  (Trilobita: Damesellidae) from the Cambrian Kushan Formation, Shandong, China,Alcheringa: An Australasian Journal of Palaeontology, 35:3, 397-403 LINK

Thank you so much ! I will read the reference.

I have a small child, and he often looked at this stone with a magnifying glass. I have to let him know.