Pectinidae ID Resources?

cmwilson101

Hello there, I'm a newbie, but already very excited to see the wealth of info on this forum.  I am new to collecting fossils; we moved to Amelia Island in 2018 and I started finding pectens (is it correct to call them pectens when referring to them generally?) and got hooked.    I've found several hundred on the beach at Fernandina Beach, Florida.  I've attached a few samples and hope that someone (MikeR?) can point me to resources which help distinguish pectens in order to ID them.  The books I've found don't go deeply enough, or only list a couple.  Although there are some great PDFs out there, I just haven't found any straight forward guides/resources that would help me definitively ID these fossil bivalves.  Any information or help would be greatly appreciated.   

And if anyone is kind enough to ID them from pictures, I can take more images from the side etc so more details are clear.  Thank you very much!  Cheryl  

IMG_5271 (2).jpg

IMG_5273 (2).jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Cheers, Cheryl

“It is perhaps a more fortunate destiny to have a taste for collecting shells than to be born a millionaire.” ~RL Stevenson

Wow those are nice. I can’t ID them but they look cool the top picture doesn’t even look real

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

23 minutes ago, Top Trilo said:

they look cool

Indeed! I like them, too.

Such arrangements of similar (but not the same) fossils are always eye-catching for me. Even the colors are ranging from black to white.

Thanks for sharing, @cmwilson101!
Franz Bernhard