Chuck W

Hello all, 

My since we just went through Hurricane Sally, my wife said I need to get out and go collecting.  Who am I  to argue!  So I'm planning a trip  to north Texas to collect. I would appreciate and help from y'all to point me in the right direction.  I have been to Lake Texoma and the Jacksboro once, briefly, in the past and really had a great time there.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!      

I'd try out the fossil park near Ladonia. It's a bit picked over more compared to other sections of the NSR, but there is a parking spot right off the bridge. It's a great place to start, with some cool variety there. 

Regards, Jackson

1 hour ago, Chuck W said:

Sounds good! Do you know if  the Jacksboro dam site is still open? Especially if I head to Mineral Wells?

Pretty sure it is. Just make sure you get a day pass for the state park so you can park and not get towed.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back from several days in the DFW area.  I was able to visit several sites and did well with ammonites and echinoids.  I know that these are not exceptional to you locals, but to a flat-lander like me they were great!  Thanks again. 

image.png

• I found this Informative 2

Congratulations on the successful hunt!  I think I've only ever found one ammonite and one echinoid (both were found during a field course I participated in in Australia back in 2000) so I'd be very happy if I found those specimens pictured above!