Is this real Spinosaurus claw?

If anyone would know its @Troodon.

Anything other than teeth from a Spinosaurus is incredibly rare so I'm skeptical 

• I found this Informative 2
  • I Agree 1

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

To me it looks carved from modern bone. The striations on the claw don't look natural to me, and the blood groove looks off and poorly cut in to me.

• I found this Informative 5
  • I Agree 1

This looks like an art project. Lots of glue and ground down bone all around. I don't trust this at all.

Seems like local fossil bone used and reshaped to make a "phalange and claw".

I'd stay away.

• I found this Informative 5

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

I echo the sentiment. You know how various Spinosaurid teeth come from Morocco with roots made out of carved bone? To me, this looks like that very same carved bone. Except, it's the entire thing.

• I found this Informative 1

The claw is 100% fake. It may be real bone, but it’s not a real claw bone. Who knows what they carved it out of. I recommend staying away!

That looks very iffy as well. It has a weird shape and while the base shows some bone but half way up there are a lot of smudgy areas.

Its another fake.  Blood grooves are the hardest feature to replicate and are the best way to determine if its fabricated

13 hours ago, Troodon said:

Its another fake.  Blood grooves are the hardest feature to replicate and are the best way to determine if its fabricated

:DittoSign:

@heZZ 

Please remember...do not post copied text from the seller. Thanks. ;)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

The tip half looks real to me. The bottom looks wrong to me. It wouldn't surprise me if this claw was restored around the base.

Still like to see more photos that are not shot at an angle' straight in of all sides,  but I'm not uncomfortable with what I currently see.  Remember you asking us to make a call on this claw and the more information (photo) you can provide the more accurate the diagnosis will be.

• 2 years later...

Hi, I found this old topic and I'm interested because I too would like to know if you think this could be a real hand claw of a Spinosaurus. It's 7 3/4" long over the curve and 6 7/8" on straight line. Thank you very much.

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

49 minutes ago, caimano said:

Hi, I found this old topic and I'm interested because I too would like to know if you think this could be a real hand claw of a Spinosaurus. It's 7 3/4" long over the curve and 6 7/8" on straight line. Thank you very much.

3.jpg

Welcome to the forum.  You should have posted a new topic to identify if your is real or not and not bury it in this old one.  They get many more views. 

But its very fake, looks carved.  Real claws of this size are very expensive

A number of topics exist to aid in identification of Fake claws:

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/topic/81842-tips-in-purchasing-a-spinosaurid-hand-claw/

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/topic/128763-buying-a-spinosaurus-claw/

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 1

This place, The Fossil Forum, is a fantastic place to learn.   I tested myself on the first picture before I went on to any replys.  I could tell that the first pic was a fake claw put together with pieces of bone.  Thanks everybody and thanks to the people who post these things.  Everybody ends up learning. 

RB

• I Agree 1