Abstraktum

I published my first article regarding KemKem Theropod teeth

EscarpmentMary

Congratulations! 

JoeS

This is awesome, I am sure many will benefit from it  :dinothumb: Glückwunsch!

LabRatKing
52 minutes ago, Abstraktum said:

Hello everybody :)

ok, its a little clickbaity, because I'm not talking about a scientific article, as I'm just a random amateur with no scientific background. But I had the chance to publish an article in the most important german fossil magazine, the Steinkern, with around a circulation of 1,500 :) 

With good content everybody can write an article there, from amateurs like me to professional paleontologists. It mainly focues on german fossils, like Amonites and other Marine fossils, but is open to all fossil fields. 

Just use this link to scroll through some magazines to get an idea what I talk about, its in German, but I think you'll get the idea ;)

https://www.steinkern.de/steinkern-fossilien-zeitschrift.html

I got in contact with the editor of Steinkern and he offered me the chance to write an article about Dinosaurs since he doesn't really know anyone who is really that into Dino fossils and the Steinkern magazine has had not much articles regarding Dinosaurs. 

That is a problem I already saw a lot of time. Germany is not a "Dinosaur-Country", there are not that many people that focus on Dinosaurs, so with KemKem teeth, there is a lot of misinformation going around. You can see that most of the time on German fossils shows, where a lot of people just belive what the seller is telling them. 

I wanted to clear things up, so that people from Germany know what they buy and especially what the DON'T buy. 

asdgh.thumb.jpg.c5729ea3b635a3f343c4b640f0f1ecc7.jpg

Of course I had to include several of my best teeth. Like my 4.5 inch Carch tooth :) 

sdtfzghuji.thumb.jpg.5cc747695bc802c1c6516b125341e1dd.jpg

This is a guide from an amateur to amateurs on how to ID Theropod teeth from KemKem with all the problems we at TFF are aware of.

I cover the following problems:

Spinosaurid

Carcharodontosaurid

Abelisaurid

Deltadromeus agilis

Dromaeosaurid

Theorpod teeth in general

Even though its just an amateur article I have an Reference list of 20 scientific article from Stromer 1915 until Ibrahim 2020.  

I want to thank @Troodon for helping me with a lot of questions I got. His guides here at TFF where very usefull. 

Here you got the summary with the mention of my article:

https://www.steinkern.de/inhaltsangaben/1355-heft43.html

It was a great honor for me and I decided to go with the Identification of Theropod teeth from the KemKem since these a fossils found all over the internet and fossils shows, but the ID is hardly done correctly.

For the frist time, there is finally an article in German that will work as a ID - guide for KemKem Theropod teeth. I feel a little proud of myself, that I managed to publish it :) 

Congrats! My amateur articles years ago are what convinced me to go to school and do journal research...and got me out of factories for good. Id buy you quite a few rounds down at the pub for this accomplishment. Well Done!

Praefectus

Congrats on the publication! Great work!

:yay-smiley-1:

Tidgy's Dad

Congrats.gif.fdfa7a1aedaa8c458176214864a9f7e3.gif

Ludwigia
2 hours ago, Abstraktum said:

For the frist time, there is finally an article in German that will work as a ID - guide for KemKem Theropod teeth. I feel a little proud of myself, that I managed to publish it :) 

My print copy arrived today and I thought I recognized somebody amongst the authors. Good work Florian!

gigantoraptor

Congrats:yay-smiley-1:

Still remains my favourite location by far! If only I understood German;)

amaltheus
2 hours ago, Abstraktum said:

Hello everybody :)

ok, its a little clickbaity, because I'm not talking about a scientific article, as I'm just a random amateur with no scientific background. But I had the chance to publish an article in the most important german fossil magazine, the Steinkern, with around a circulation of 1,500 :) 

With good content everybody can write an article there, from amateurs like me to professional paleontologists. It mainly focues on german fossils, like Amonites and other Marine fossils, but is open to all fossil fields. 

Just use this link to scroll through some magazines to get an idea what I talk about, its in German, but I think you'll get the idea ;)

https://www.steinkern.de/steinkern-fossilien-zeitschrift.html

I got in contact with the editor of Steinkern and he offered me the chance to write an article about Dinosaurs since he doesn't really know anyone who is really that into Dino fossils and the Steinkern magazine has had not much articles regarding Dinosaurs. 

That is a problem I already saw a lot of time. Germany is not a "Dinosaur-Country", there are not that many people that focus on Dinosaurs, so with KemKem teeth, there is a lot of misinformation going around. You can see that most of the time on German fossils shows, where a lot of people just belive what the seller is telling them. 

I wanted to clear things up, so that people from Germany know what they buy and especially what the DON'T buy. 

asdgh.thumb.jpg.c5729ea3b635a3f343c4b640f0f1ecc7.jpg

Of course I had to include several of my best teeth. Like my 4.5 inch Carch tooth :) 

sdtfzghuji.thumb.jpg.5cc747695bc802c1c6516b125341e1dd.jpg

This is a guide from an amateur to amateurs on how to ID Theropod teeth from KemKem with all the problems we at TFF are aware of.

I cover the following problems:

Spinosaurid

Carcharodontosaurid

Abelisaurid

Deltadromeus agilis

Dromaeosaurid

Theorpod teeth in general

Even though its just an amateur article I have an Reference list of 20 scientific article from Stromer 1915 until Ibrahim 2020.  

I want to thank @Troodon for helping me with a lot of questions I got. His guides here at TFF where very usefull. 

Here you got the summary with the mention of my article:

https://www.steinkern.de/inhaltsangaben/1355-heft43.html

It was a great honor for me and I decided to go with the Identification of Theropod teeth from the KemKem since these a fossils found all over the internet and fossils shows, but the ID is hardly done correctly.

Such a shame that this excellent magazine is not published in English, iam sure it would be very popular.

FossilNerd

Congratulations! Very cool! :yay-smiley-1:

fossilsonwheels

Congrats !!! That is quite a cool accomplishment.

Rhiguita

Congratulations!

-Andy-

Well done! I can't read German but I can tell it's a well-written article

Nimravis

Great job, congrats.

Abstraktum

Thx everybody for your kind words. I really appreciate it :)

Bob Saunders

Determination aid for theropod teeth from the KemKem Group (Oberkreide, Morocco)

Florian Zintl, volume: 14 pages, 8 fig.

The deposits of the KemKem Group (Upper Cretaceous) in eastern Morocco are among the most important fossil deposits in the world. Bones and teeth from this region are offered on almost all fossil sites and on the Internet. Especially teeth of the two great top predaders Spinosaurus and Carcharodontosaurus are available in different sizes and quality  attention, also as forgeries ("Frankenstein teeth")! Numerous scientific articles are published annually on the kemKem group's fossil tour. Florian Zintl's article summarizes the current state of science with regard to theropod teeth and thus represents a valuable help in determining own collection pieces.

My Edge browser did an auto translate. 

siteseer

Congratulations on being a published author!  That's great.

Jess

Joeri_R

Congratulations! You just gave me a reason to brush up my German again! ;)

Greetings from Belgium.